Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in 1984 as an academic center for undergraduate studies in engineering. Department offers Undergraduate, Post graduate and research programs in Computer Science and Engineering field and is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi, Karnataka. Undergraduate program is accredited two times by NBA. It is supported by well qualified faculty, non - teaching staff and best - in - class Infrastructure. The faculty members are actively involved in research and development. The staff members have also won the awards from reputed IT organizations like Infosys, IBM and Wipro and achieved academic excellence. 12 faculty members are pursuing research at reputed universities. Department has applied for one US patent in the field of Cluster head election Strategy. One of the faculty members has got best paper award in the URENG conference held at Dubai. Department has produced 5 doctorates in last 10 years.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering of BIET has been at the forefront of churning out software engineers with a high caliber of technical expertise. It continues to foster and engender the innovation and breadth of vision necessary to excel in the blooming software industry.
To be a centre-of-excellence by imbibing state-of-the-art technology in the field of Computer Science and Engineering, thereby enabling students to excel professionally and be ethical.
- Adapting best teaching and learning techniques that cultivates Questioning and Reasoning culture among the students.
- Creating collaborative learning environment that ignites the critical thinking in students and leading to the innovation.
- Establishing Industry Institute relationship to bridge the skill gap and make them industry ready and relevant.
- Mentoring students to be socially responsible by inculcating ethical and moral values.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To apply skills acquired in the discipline of Computer Science and Engineering for solving societal and industrial problems with apt technology intervention.
- To continue the career in industry/academia or to pursue higher studies and research.
- To become successful entrepreneurs, innovators to design and develop software products and services that meet the societal, technical and business challenges.
- To work in the diversified environment by acquiring leadership qualities with effective communication skills accompanied by professional and ethical values.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Analyze and develop solutions for problems that are complex in nature by applying the knowledge acquired from the core subjects of this program.
- Ability to develop Secure, Scalable, Resilient and distributed applications for industry and societal requirements.
- Ability to learn and apply the concepts and construct of emerging technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning, Deep learning, Big Data Analytics, IoT, Cloud Computing, etc for any real time problems.
Dr. Mallikarjuna S B
Professor and Head
Prof. (Dr.) Mallikarjuna S B (SBM) received his BE degree from the department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering from Government B. D. T. College of Engineering (University of Kuvempu), Davangere in 1994. He started his career as Lecturer at Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology (BIET). He persued his Master’s degree in Computer Science & Engineering from Mysore University in 2000. After completion of PG, he continued his services at BIET in Computer Science and Engineering department as Lecturer . He was promoted as Assistant Professor in 2006. He served as HOD of Information Science and Engineering department from 2009 to 2013 and also worked as PG coordinator for M.Tech., in Computer Science & Engineering from 2009 to 2013. He was promoted as Associate Professor in 2011 and Professor in 2023 . He received his Doctoral degree (PhD) from Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) in 2023 in the field of Computer Science & Machine Learning. Now, he is heading the department of Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning (AI&ML) from 2022 and also working as Deputy warden for BIET Boys’ hostel. He has 28 years of experience in teaching and 1 year in industry. He also worked as member of “Mahithi Sindhu” program of Govt. of Karnataka, BOE and BOS member of various Universities for UG and Pg programs. He is working BOS member for Online programs of VTU. He has the credit of presenting/Publishing papers in National Conferences and International Conferences /Journals. His research area focuses on Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Image Processing, Computer Networks, Cloud Computing, Data Science and Data Analytics. He has authored a course material titled “Data Structures Using C” for AICTE, New Delhi. Data Structures using C and C++ - A Study Material for BCA, BSc of Distance Education program of Kuvempu University. He has organized FDP/workshops and Seminars for faculty members and students in the thrust areas. She was nominated as LIC Member of VTU and he has the experience as Board of Examiner for UG and PG studies of Kuvempu University and Davangere University. He has worked as coordinator of IGNOU study centre- 1311, BIET Davangere from 2017 to 2022 for a period 4 years and also worked as a resource person for UG and PG programs of IGNOU for more 15 years, Bapuji Hi-Tech College for BCA, Facilitator for Infosys Initiated Campus connect program. He has attended many conferences, seminars, workshops and short-term training programme. He is a Life member of ISTE. He has guided more 30 PG students in Computer Science & Engineering and many UG students and also MCA students. He has guided small grant students’ projects sanctioned from KSCST, as well as institution and VTU funded projects and 2 projects are recognised as best projects during state level KSCST project exhibitions.
Abhishek J J
|S.No.||Name of Lab||Qty||Configuration/Specification||Software|
Students placed in various