Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in 1984 as an academic center for undergraduate studies in engineering. Department offers Undergraduate, Post graduate and research programs in Computer Science and Engineering field and is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi, Karnataka. Undergraduate program is accredited two times by NBA. It is supported by well qualified faculty, non - teaching staff and best - in - class Infrastructure. The faculty members are actively involved in research and development. The staff members have also won the awards from reputed IT organizations like Infosys, IBM and Wipro and achieved academic excellence. 12 faculty members are pursuing research at reputed universities. Department has applied for one US patent in the field of Cluster head election Strategy. One of the faculty members has got best paper award in the URENG conference held at Dubai. Department has produced 5 doctorates in last 10 years.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering of BIET has been at the forefront of churning out software engineers with a high caliber of technical expertise. It continues to foster and engender the innovation and breadth of vision necessary to excel in the blooming software industry.
To be a centre-of-excellence by imbibing state-of-the-art technology in the field of Computer Science and Engineering, thereby enabling students to excel professionally and be ethical.
- Adapting best teaching and learning techniques that cultivates Questioning and Reasoning culture among the students.
- Creating collaborative learning environment that ignites the critical thinking in students and leading to the innovation.
- Establishing Industry Institute relationship to bridge the skill gap and make them industry ready and relevant.
- Mentoring students to be socially responsible by inculcating ethical and moral values.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To apply skills acquired in the discipline of Computer Science and Engineering for solving societal and industrial problems with apt technology intervention.
- To continue the career in industry/academia or to pursue higher studies and research.
- To become successful entrepreneurs, innovators to design and develop software products and services that meet the societal, technical and business challenges.
- To work in the diversified environment by acquiring leadership qualities with effective communication skills accompanied by professional and ethical values.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Analyze and develop solutions for problems that are complex in nature by applying the knowledge acquired from the core subjects of this program.
- Ability to develop Secure, Scalable, Resilient and distributed applications for industry and societal requirements.
- Ability to learn and apply the concepts and construct of emerging technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning, Deep learning, Big Data Analytics, IoT, Cloud Computing, etc for any real time problems.
Dr Chetana Prakash
The Computer Science and Design engineering department is a dynamic hub of technological education, seamlessly integrating theory and practical applications. With a dedicated faculty and cutting-edge facilities, students are immersed in a comprehensive curriculum covering key areas such as algorithms, software engineering, and artificial intelligence. The department emphasizes hands-on learning through state-of-the-art laboratories, fostering an environment that encourages innovation and critical thinking. Collaborations with industry partners ensure students gain real-world experience and stay abreast of the latest advancements in the field. As a result, graduates emerge well-prepared to tackle the challenges of the ever-evolving landscape of Computer Science and Design engineering.
Yuvaraj T M
|Name of Lab
Students placed in various
COMPUTER SCIENCE FORUM (UniCS)
The following events are conducted regularly by UniCS:
The following department activities were conducted:
- yoga under SCR activity View attachment